In 2005 PYD introduced a mile building Offshore Sailing Programme for sailors who are looking to become better mariners by learning from highly experienced skippers in the industry. If you are working towards your RYA Yachtmaster, are interested in a career as a professional skipper or if you would like to broaden your experience aboard different yachts on a variety of delivery passages then this programme is for you.
Candidates will undertake a variety of passages under the guidance and direction of a skipper with thousands of miles and a wealth of experience. The programme can be tailored to suit your specific needs to ensure that you get what you want out of it. We offer a 10,000 nautical mile builder programme.
- Help and guidance from professional Skippers with years of experience
- A minimum of 10,000 miles
- Sailing on a variety of yachts on a diverse range of passages including a trans-ocean passage
- All flights to and from vessels
- Travel and medical insurance for the duration of the scheme
- All on-board accommodation and victuals
- 2 day RYA/ISAF Offshore Safety Course and RYA Sea Survival Course plus two days RYA courses of your choice
- Crew uniform of PYD branded jacket, polo shirts and fleece
- Yachtmaster Ocean qualifying passage with the assistance of an Astro navigation pack if applicable
For those who are sufficiently motivated for the challenge and have the necessary experience we are now accepting applicants for 2019 – If you feel that you are up for the challenge then apply online or contact us at email@example.com for more information and a detailed brochure on the programme.